AFL-CIO president Liz Shuler on the future of America's labor movement19 Apr, 2022
Liz Shuler is the first woman ever elected president of the AFL-CIO.
She took over a time when the world of work has been turned upside down.
Union organizing is happening in some unexpected places, and sometimes in ways that disrupt the traditional union playbook.
Homecoming for Liz Shuler04 Apr, 2022
LABOR PRESS: You’ve been given such a huge responsibility now, with the death of your friend Rich Trumka [In August she was appointed to serve the remainder of his term.] But the entire time you’ve been involved, labor has been struggling to come back. Do you have a secret plan?
Download the Union Strong App
Click the AllAboard link to get the FREE App now: https://unionstrong.app.link/cnyalf
or Text Aboard: Text cnyalf to 555-888
This will connect you directly to our Area Labor Federation!
AFL-CIO News Feed
- Freight Railroad Worker Stories: Kari Cecil of SMART-TD -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: AFL-CIO’s Labor 2022 Website Goes Live -
- Freight Railroad Worker Stories: Rodney Neatrour of IAM -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: IUOE Local 501 Demands Answers on Resorts World’s Ties to China Following Company’s Attempt to Bust Union -
- Unions Give People an Opportunity: The Working People Weekly List -